Interested in working for a dynamic, high-tech company creating tomorrow’s technology using quality craftsmanship in a modern manufacturing facility? Join our vibrant, dedicated team and see what it’s like to work for a company where every person is an individual who matters!
Sono-Tek is always interested in reviewing resumes from talented individuals for all of our departments – please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Lab Supervisor, Posted 3/29/2021
Dynamic role working in a High Tech Manufacturing Company. Job duties will include performing customer specific testing using robotic dispensing machines, interfacing with customers concerning technical specifications, and maintaining a clean and safe Laboratory working environment. Background in Engineering or Chemistry preferred, but other disciplines also acceptable. Hands on experience with automation equipment a plus.
Under general direction, the selected individual will conduct application specific testing at Sono-Tek’s facility in Milton, NY to support the sale of Sono-Tek products. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, handling and mixing chemicals, collecting data and writing test reports, and assisting the Application Engineering team with unique projects.
- Operate and maintain a safe and clean laboratory.
- Coordinate and perform lab work, based on customer requirements.
- Work with domestic and international customers when they visit Sono-Tek for lab testing.
- Follow all recommendations on the Chemical Review Forms, in terms of personal protective equipment.
- Uses the following lab equipment on a regular basis.
- Microscope & SEM
- Fume Hood
- Cartesian and Six Axis Robotic Dispensing Systems
- Coating Thickness Analyzers
The desired minimum educational requirement is a BS in an engineering discipline, or equivalent. Prior laboratory or chemical handling experience a plus.
Skill and Ability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster positive customer relations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are needed for all aspects of this job.
- Foreign language skills are an asset when dealing with non-English speaking customers. Cultural appreciation and understanding is a must.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
We are always interested in reviewing resumes for Machinist positions.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities at Our Industry Partners
Our strong relationships with industry partners gives us the opportunity to occasionally post positions at outside industry partners that use Sono-Tek coating equipment in their facilities.
Position: Director of Manufacturing
Opus 12 is a Berkeley, California based startup focused on recycling CO₂ into higher valued products. We are electrochemists, material scientists, and engineers with cutting-edge expertise in the field of CO₂ electrocatalysis and electrochemical reactor design, scouted from the best programs in the world. Our team has partnered with industry leaders in electrolysis and plant design to implement our technology at scale. We are currently hiring for a Director of MEA Manufacturing.
Job Brief: The Director of MEA Manufacturing will be responsible for overseeing the fabrication of membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) for Opus 12’s electrochemical CO₂ reduction process, improving quality control, and scaling up our production volume as we grow. They must be able to plan and delegate fabrication in order to provide quality MEAs for testing. The ability to communicate with the team, develop our production protocol, and ensure MEA quality are key to our success and forward progress.
MEA production involves precursor solution preparation to make an ink and use of the ink to deposit a thin film of catalyst onto a polymer-electrolyte. Experience with electrode fabrication, thin films, coatings, chemical deposition, and operating Sono-Tek coating systems is a plus.