Interested in working for a dynamic, high-tech company creating tomorrow’s technology using quality craftsmanship in a modern manufacturing facility? Join our vibrant, dedicated team and see what it’s like to work for a company where every person is an individual who matters!
Sono-Tek is always interested in reviewing resumes from talented individuals for all of our departments – please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Dynamic role working in a High Tech Manufacturing Company. Job duties will include performing customer specific testing using robotic dispensing machines, interfacing with customers concerning technical specifications, and managing complex projects. Background in Engineering preferred, but other disciplines also acceptable. Some travel will be required. Hands on experience with automation equipment a plus.
Under general direction the selected individual will conduct application specific tests at Sono-Tek’s facility in Milton, NY to support the sale of Sono-Tek products. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, following up leads and interfacing with distributors selling Sono-Tek products, attending trade shows, and traveling to customer locations as approved by the Application Engineering Manager or SBU Director.
- Participates with in house laboratory experiments to meet application requirements
- Follows up sales leads by telephone, written correspondence and with on-site visits to sell Sono-Tek products, keeping the SBU Director informed of results.
- Answers questions and makes routine recommendations to customers regarding product applications and problem resolution.
- Prepares technical specifications and Engineering project proposals, when necessary. Interfaces with the New Product Development Team throughout the design and build process for new system offerings.
- Coordinates with distributors in assigned territory regarding sales efforts and accompanies them on customer visits.
- Attends trade shows and/or visits existing customer sites for Process Development work, subject to the approval of the SBU Director.
- Interfaces with customers and appropriate Sono-Tek staff regarding ship dates, customer returns, special needs and new product designs and maintains sales-related documentation and database.
- Trains other Sono-Tek employees and outside reps on an as needed basis.
- Provides feedback to the sales team, production and engineering regarding customer satisfaction and ideas.
- Understands the quality objectives for the organization and contributes to continual improvement.
The desired minimum educational requirement is a BS in an engineering discipline, or equivalent.
1-2 years of direct sales, marketing, or Engineering experience preferred but not required.
Skill and Ability
- Ability to interpret technical specifications in order to discuss Sono-Tek products and applications.
- Mechanical aptitude is desirable for the occasional need to assist service engineers or adjust Sono-Tek products at customer locations.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are important for responding to customer issues.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential to handle multiple priorities, especially when out of the office. Project Management experience or certification is a definite plus.
- Ability to travel, including to foreign countries for sales and customer service calls, is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster positive customer relations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are needed for all aspects of this job.
- Foreign language skills are an asset when dealing with non-English speaking customers. Cultural appreciation and understanding is a must.
- Extensive travel schedules make personal flexibility a must.
- Ability to motivate others is instrumental for achieving aggressive support from reps.
- Persistence and assertiveness are key for successful sales.
With moderate supervision, builds printed circuit boards according to Sono-Tek specifications. Makes such components as cables, ultrasonic generators, electrical panel wiring and simple devices when needed. Provides support for maintaining accurate production documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds printed circuit boards by attaching Sono-Tek specified parts with small hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Makes connecting cables from wire using small hand tools, work instructions, drawings, etc.
- Inspects completed boards from other operations or vendors and makes necessary repairs/ completes the assembly.
- Assembly, testing and setup of ultrasonic generators with small hand tools and test fixtures per Sono-Tek documentation.
- Picks all E/A Kanban builds and on occasion pulls parts for kits from pick list.
- May be asked to assist Engineering to make cables and wires on new products look presentable.
- Understands the quality objectives for the organization, contributes to continual improvement and LEAN initiatives.
- Builds electronic assemblies and modules.
- Performs inspection of wires, cables, assemblies, circuit assemblies and other items as required.
- Has the ability to operate automated wire stripping and crimping equipment.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
Knowledge and Experience
The desired educational level achieved is a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior related work experience of 3-6 months is preferred. Through education or training, must know how to read and follow schematics.
Skill and Ability
- Must be able to sit 95-100% of the time when building boards.
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level of proficiency that ensures successful completion of assignments within Sono-Tek parameters.
- Must have the patience and ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use small hand tools such as tweezers, crimpers, cutters, cable tie guns, solder iron, lead benders, probes, needle nose pliers, etc.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination is required for assembly tasks.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as crimping, pinching, pulling wires through harnesses, gripping, etc. continuously throughout the day.
- The ability to distinguish small parts and numbers on dark backgrounds is essential. Magnifiers with lights are available.
We are always interested in reviewing resumes for Machinist positions.
Please email resume to email@example.com.
Opportunities at Our Industry Partners
Our strong relationships with industry partners gives us the opportunity to occasionally post positions at outside industry partners that use Sono-Tek coating equipment in their facilities.
Position: Director of Manufacturing
Opus 12 is a Berkeley, California based startup focused on recycling CO₂ into higher valued products. We are electrochemists, material scientists, and engineers with cutting-edge expertise in the field of CO₂ electrocatalysis and electrochemical reactor design, scouted from the best programs in the world. Our team has partnered with industry leaders in electrolysis and plant design to implement our technology at scale. We are currently hiring for a Director of MEA Manufacturing.
Job Brief: The Director of MEA Manufacturing will be responsible for overseeing the fabrication of membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) for Opus 12’s electrochemical CO₂ reduction process, improving quality control, and scaling up our production volume as we grow. They must be able to plan and delegate fabrication in order to provide quality MEAs for testing. The ability to communicate with the team, develop our production protocol, and ensure MEA quality are key to our success and forward progress.
MEA production involves precursor solution preparation to make an ink and use of the ink to deposit a thin film of catalyst onto a polymer-electrolyte. Experience with electrode fabrication, thin films, coatings, chemical deposition, and operating Sono-Tek coating systems is a plus.