In early 2017, we began to offer in-house ultrasonic coating services for customers in our Milton, NY laboratory. Sono-Tek’s in-house coating services generally fall under one of the following two categories, Engineered Coating Services and Component Toll Coating.
Engineered Coating Services
These services focus on customer coating process development. Our experienced team of 5 applications engineers and support staff have over 25 years of coating expertise in many different industries. They work closely with customers to develop a coating process that meets their unique challenges. We will plan, test, evaluate and develop a coating process that is right for you.
Examples of services:
- Testing proof of concept
- Improving current coating processes
- Testing new materials
- Developing faster coating times or more efficient coating methods
Engineered Coating Services are the Perfect Solution for:
- Potential customers who want to prove in their application prior to buying Sono-Tek coating equipment
- Current customers who already have Sono-Tek equipment and would like help further developing a process but do not have the time or resources to do so themselves
Component Toll Coating
For customers who already have an established coating process and need products coated, these services can fill production needs. Whether for pilot scale coatings, product testing, order fulfillment, or other coating needs, we can help you fulfill your short term coating needs quickly and efficiently, with repeatable, high quality uniform thin film coatings.
Examples of services:
- Helping to quickly bring new products to market
- Testing batches of product
- Pilot scale runs
- Production simulations
Component Toll Coating is Ideal for:
- Current Sono-Tek customers who need help with large product runs
- Non-Sono-Tek customers who need products coated but are not ready to purchase a coating system
Some of the equipment available to perform in-house coatings include:
- SEM microscope + optical microscope
- Substrate cleaning/surface treatment systems
- Curing ovens (up to 600 degrees Celsius) + UV curing
- Conveyorized enclosures
- XYZ motion programmable coating systems with optional:
- Heat and/or vacuum plate
- Precision positioning tools
- Photosensitive lighting
- Substrate fixturing
- Ultrastatic ESC
- N2 or inert atmosphere
Contact us for more information regarding in-house coating services.
Our global distribution network includes local language support for many countries. Select an icon on the map for location information.