Ultrasonic Spraying System for Organic Solar Cell (OSC) Manufacturing
ExactCoat Inert is designed to deposit active layer polymers, buffer layers and PEDOT coatings for organic solar cell (OSC) manufacturing. Fully integrated with an inert glovebox, the system is capable of less than 1 ppm oxygen atmosphere processing and is fully programmable. It is built for continuous operation with constant positive pressure environment using Nitrogen, Argon or Helium.
The glovebox enclosure is fully integrated with a programmable PLC controlled three-axis precision ultrasonic coating system. The motion system employs robust ball-screw slides driven by brushless DC servo motors and can be configured with any Sono-Tek ultrasonic nozzle. Capable of processing delicate substrates such as organic thin film solar cell modules, the system offers unique capabilities for creating uniform thin film precision coatings in a carefully controlled environment.
Sono-Tek is committed to providing organic solar production equipment that enables manufacturers to achieve the highest possible cell efficiencies. We have the expertise to tailor our solar cell manufacturing systems to the unique needs of companies at the forefront of research and development into new thin film solar cell technology.
ExactaCoat Inert Organic Solar System features:
- <1 ppm H2O and O2 inert gas
- Continuous recirculation and on-line monitoring of O2 and moisture content
- Vacuum pump for regeneration, pressure control, and antechamber evacuation
- Stainless steel construction of chamber, stand and piping
- Push button evacuation and refill of antechamber
- Hepa gas flow filters at chamber inlet and outlet
- Quick release full viewing window
- 36” D x 48” W x 36” H chamber
- Large antechamber – 38 cm (15”) OD and mini antechamber – 15 cm (6”) OD
- Shock assisted antechamber door with 24” slide out tray
- 400 mm x 400 mm x 100 mm (15.75” x 15.75” x 3.94”) XYZ range of motion
- Includes Windows®-based (programming) software with image import
- Remote trackball teach pendant
- Coordinated motion in all three axes simultaneously
- Nozzles can be easily interchanged to produce varying spray patterns ranging from 0.080” to 3” (2 – 76 mm) wide
- PLC control of spray platform functions with programming and recipe storage capabilities
ExactaCoat Inert systems are commonly integrated with the following air shaping technologies: