Thin Film Solar Active Layer Wet Process Deposition System
The WP110 ultrasonic spray system is designed for depositing uniform thin films of chemistries used in forming active/absorber and buffer/window layers (CdS, CdCl) in high volume CIGS and CdTe thin film solar cell production, as well as depositing
WP110 System Features:
- 2-6 precision non-clogging ultrasonic atomizing nozzles (application dependent)
- Primary and secondary exhausts contain hazardous materials
- Minimal overspray of expensive layer chemistries with 95%+ effective material usage
- Stationary nozzle design allows for very high throughput rates
- High uniformity +/- 10% across entire spray width
- Integrates easily with existing lines
Ultrasonic wet process is an economical alternative to CVD and sputtering equipment, providing functional coatings with efficiencies comparable to vapor deposition systems that are far more expensive and complex. Effective material usage with ultrasonic spray is up to two times more efficient that CVD processes. Among the applications for this process are solar cell production and deposition of anti-reflection solutions.
Operating Principle: The WP110 uses WideTrack spray shaping technology to produce a wide, uniform spray pattern. The WideTrack jet block assembly contains a pair of air jets which alternately pulse to drive the spray downward. The timing and force of the pulses is precisely controlled, producing a wide spray pattern that oscillates back and forth across the substrate.
The position of the air jets can be adjusted, changing the direction of the air to create spray patterns from 50 – 610 mm (2 – 24“).
Several nozzles are used in tandem to spray unlimited widths with consistent, uniform coverage across the entire width of the substrate.