Wide Area Glass Coating Systems
WideTrack flat glass coating systems deposit a soft, uniform, controllable spray over any size sheets of flat glass panels with no dripping and very little overspray and atmospheric contamination. The WideTrack System offers significant advantages over conventional pressure spray methods in a broad range of applications. Whether you are coating moving webs of automotive manufacturing flat glass, architectural glass, anti-reflection layers onto solar glass, flat panel displays, or touch screens, the WideTrack system maintains precise control of the coating at the flow rate you specify.
Waste is greatly reduced when using ultrasonic spray, since the low velocity spray produces minimal overspray with no bounceback of material off the substrate, and maintenance is kept to a minimum because ultrasonic nozzles will not clog. In addition, the titanium and 316 stainless steel construction of the WideTrack makes it compatible with glass manufacturing solutions. Ultrasonic spray enables very thin uniform layers and tight deposition control that is not possible with pressure spray.
The WideTrack Coating System uses a non-clogging ultrasonic atomizing nozzle to produce a low-velocity, highly controllable spray for reliable, consistent results.
WideTrack system benefits for glass manufacturing processes:
- Economical alternative to CVD deposition methods
- Non-clogging ultrasonic nozzle ensures drip free spray mist
- Ultra-low flow rate capabilities, intermittent or continuous
- Covers up to 24” with one nozzle or use multiple nozzles to cover any width substrate
- Uniform coating with high transfer efficiency
- Low-velocity spray – minimal bounceback and overspray
- No moving parts
- Proven in glass manufacturing plants worldwide
- Reduced material consumption
Operating Principle: Each spray assembly contains a pair of air jets which alternately pulse to drive the spray downward. The timing and force of the pulses produces a spray pattern that oscillates back and forth across the substrate.