WideTrack Impact Glass Coating System for Protective Inline Anti-Scratch Coatings onto Low-E Glass
Sono-Tek WideTrack Impact glass coating systems often replace traditional inefficient high pressure nozzle systems, spraying uniform, durable micron thick coatings of protective anti-scratch films with no dripping of polymer and very little overspray and atmospheric contamination. WideTrack is proven for 24/7 continuous low-E glass coating during continuous manufacturing, with spray systems installed at some of the largest glass manufacturers in the world. Savings of up to 80% in coating material have been achieved with our precision ultrasonic spray systems. Unlike pressure nozzles, ultrasonic nozzles will not clog, reducing downtime and maintenance in Low-E glass coating processes.
WideTrack Impact System Benefits:
- Environmentally friendly spray – virtually no overspray and no mess
- Drastic reduction in maintenance compared to pressure spray
- Drip-free spray
- Proven reliability for 24/7 glass manufacturing with high reliability
- Exhaust requirements minimized or eliminated
- Excellent transfer efficiency
- On the fly control of deposition quantity, adjusting to ribbon speed changes
Sono-Tek’s experience and understanding of the unique demands of continuous Low-E glass coating has contributed to making the Widetrack spray system superior for the needs of the industry. It’s proven reliability and low maintenance design make it excellent for 24/7 Low-E glass manufacturing processes.
Typical bridge systems contain 28 Impact ultrasonic nozzles (for 4 meter float glass lines). Some WideTrack Impact system features include:
- Auto detection of glass
- No heat build-up despite the high temperatures associated with float glass production
- Ultrasonic nozzles are compatible with heated liquids
- Insulated liquid lines keep liquid temperature stable during process
- Integrated air conditioning system keeps electronics cabinet cooled
- NEMA rated control tower with 19″ touch screen HMI and user-friendly Windows-based software
- Line speed encoder for continuous monitoring of process
- Multi level security and extensive data logging and process monitoring
Operating Principle: Impact ultrasonic nozzles combine Sono-Tek’s unique ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with a controlled jet of air from the flat jet air deflector. The ultrasonically produced spray at the atomizing surface is immediately entrained in the air stream, creating a fan-shaped spray pattern. For more information about the unique nature of ultrasonic spray nozzles, go to http://www.sono-tek.com/how-ultrasonic-nozzles-work.