Ultrasonic Spray Systems for UV Curable Hard Coatings
Ultrasonic nozzles are used to spray UV curable hard coating materials for weathering and abrasion resistance in automotive and other industrial manufacturing processes. Uniform, controllable, thin films for optically clear, repeatable results with no dripping or overspray. Examples of spray applications include head lamp, tail lamp, decorative trim, instrument panels, consoles, etc. Process capabilities range from small R&D tabletop to high volume continuous production. Virtually any spray width is possible with Sono-Tek’s WideTrack spray systems. Sono-Tek has been providing high performance protective coating solutions to the glass and automotive industry for decades. Sono-Tek is the inventor of the ultrasonic nozzle, with extensive ultrasonic spray expertise and world class service and support since 1975.
Ultrasonic spray nozzle systems offer unique benefits over pressure spray and other deposition methods for UV curable hard coatings:
- Non-clogging, repeatable performance
- Soft, low velocity mist of controlled, atomized spray with very little overspray
- Precision air shaping systems for creating a wide range of precisely defined spray pattern widths
- Low maintenance system – ultrasonic nozzles have no moving parts, so no difficult adjustments of spray heads
- Full turn-key spray solutions with customizable options are tailored for the unique needs of each spray application.
- Easy to scale up technology from R&D to high volume production.
Sono-Tek’s ExactaCoat and FlexiCoat systems are robust programmable XYZ motion coating systems designed for R&D through moderate volume production coatings. Any Sono-Tek nozzle can be fully integrated. Sono-Tek’s application engineers ensure that systems are specified according to the unique needs of each coating application.
Some of the customizations that can be made to the ExactaCoat and FlexiCoat systems include:
- Substrate holders
- Dual nozzle configuration
- Nozzle tilt and rotate
- Conveyor (FlexiCoat)
- Vacuum and or heat plate
- Passive vision camera with crosshair and video capture
Sono-Tek’s WideTrack systems use several Impact or Dual Jet air shaping nozzles mounted in tandem for wide area precision hard coatings. WideTrack systems are usually controlled using a touch screen HMI tower with full programming, alarms, and recipe storage. The systems are designed for easy integration with high volume production lines. Go to http://www.sono-tek.com/spray-shaping/ to learn more about spray shaping systems. Go to http://www.sono-tek.com/ultrasonic-nozzle-technology/ to learn more about the unique capabilities of ultrasonic atomizing spray nozzles.