Ultrasonic Spray Equipment for Applying Performance Textile Coatings
WideTrack ultrasonic spray systems apply performance textile finishings, including flame retardant coatings, water and oil repellent coatings, anti-microbial, and anti-stain finishes. Uniform thin films of nanosuspensions or solutions are sprayed onto wide webs of fabric for medical textiles, flooring, carpeting, automotive or other industrial textile manufacturing applications. WideTrack textile finishing systems feature dramatic reduction in water, chemical and energy usage. Finishes commonly applied include stain resist, water repellent, anti-microbial, durable press, moisture management, and flame retardant. Ultrasonic spray replaces inefficient dip or padding methods with uniform thin film ultrasonic textile coatings. WideTrack systems are designed to fully integrate with existing manufacturing lines, and have been proven worldwide in high volume textile manufacturing.
Ultrasonic Textile Coating System Benefits:
- Easily retrofits into existing systems
- Precise, repeatable, controlled deposition coatings
- Very small, atomized droplets with uniform particle sizes create uniform nanolayer films
- Non-clogging ultrasonic nozzles reduce downtime for maintenance
- Dramatic savings in spray material, water and energy usage
- Soft atomized spray with very little bounceback provides a very efficient coating process,
unlike pressure spray or dipping methods
Ultrasonic Technology Proven Results:
- Reduced cost in materials and maintenance
- Reduced waste (up to 80%)
- ISO 14001: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Environmental benefits from reduced release of material into the atmosphere, reduced overspray and reduced or eliminated wastewater treatment
Low Wet Pick-Up Spray Finishing:
- 50-60% reduction in water
- Substantial chemical reduction
- Reduction in energy for drying and curing
- Selective finishing of face/back of fabric
- No dilution of solution with wet-on-wet finishing
- Possibility of wet on wet finishing with two sequential sprays, while in dipping the fabric must be dried first
- Possibility of applying two different finishes to each side (e.g. water absorption on one side, and repellency on the other)
Types of Finishes:
- Stain Resist
- Water Repellent
- Durable Press
- Moisture Management
- Flame Retardant
The unique nature of ultrasonic spray makes it possible to shape the droplets into precise patterns. Textile coating systems are configured with either WideTrack or Impact Impact spray heads, depending upon the application requirements. Multiple nozzles are used to spray virtually any width with consistent uniformity across the entire substrate.
Our ultrasonic spray nozzle systems have replaced pressure nozzles in a wide range of industrial and R&D applications. Companies striving to achieve sustainable, environmentally responsible manufacturing practices and limit unacceptable quantities of waste have adopted ultrasonic spraying as a technology that is more precise, more controllable, and more environmentally friendly than other application methods.
Sono-Tek’s In-House Laboratory
For customers who want to test an application, Sono-Tek offers a laboratory testing service. On-site analysis of your application is available with our technicians and engineering team. Our 30 years of experience atomizing a wide range of liquids and the expertise of our engineering staff gives us the ability to help customers solve process issues with our in-house laboratory services. Visit our lab facilites page, http://www.sono-tek.com/lab-facilities/, for more information.
A few examples of improvements and textile finishing process developments using ultrasonic technology include:
- Changing particle size and shape by varying ultrasonic nozzle frequency
- Prototyping and customizing nozzles to specific applications
- Adjusting spray parameters to increase efficiency and improve results
- Troubleshooting process problems resulting from unsatisfactory particle quality
- Spray characterization studies with different nozzles under different operating conditions
From Complete, Automated, Turnkey Systems to Individual Components, Sono-Tek Provides Total Customer Support
With over 30 years of industry leadership in ultrasonic spray technology, Sono-Tek has the experience and expertise to help you integrate our technology into your application. From large-scale, automated turnkey systems to individual spray system components, Sono-Tek delivers the support you need to take full advantage of the benefits of ultrasonic spraying. Sono-Tek has extensive experience in providing turnkey systems for a variety of specialized applications. Our engineers will fully assess your requirements, make on-site visits, and prepare detailed specifications. The system will then be designed and fabricated by Sono-Tek to your precise requirements, and after being thoroughly tested prior to shipment, our engineers and service technicians will install it and train your staff on operation and maintenance.