Wet Process Deposition Systems for Solar Glass Manufacturing
Sono-Tek has R&D, pilot line and high volume coating systems for depositing uniform thin films of chemistries used in forming TCO, absorber, buffer, and window layers in high volume CIGS and CdTe thin film solar cell production, as well as depositing anti-reflection solutions. Ultrasonic wet process is an economical alternative to CVD and sputtering equipment, providing functional coatings with efficiencies comparable to vapor deposition systems that are far more expensive and complex. Effective material usage with ultrasonic spray is up to two times better than CVD processes. Sono-Tek’s engineering team has extensive experience designing spray systems for precision electronics and advanced energy applications worldwide.
Ultrasonic Coating Benefits for Solar Glass Coatings Include:
- Ability to easily scale up production process from small R&D machines to high volume systems for integration onto existing production lines.
- Minimal overspray of expensive layer chemistries with 95%+ effective material usage.
- High uniformity +/- 10% across entire spray width
- Precision non-clogging ultrasonic nozzle technology is proven in solar glass manufacturing processes worldwide.
- Precise control of coating thickness
Equipment Options for R&D Through Production Scale Manufacturing