SelectaFlux Retrofit Spray Fluxing System
The SelectaFlux retrofit system is a complete, ready-to-integrate selective fluxing system. SelectaFlux easily retrofits into all major selective wave soldering machines and features minimal waste and overspray with a significant reduction in flux consumption.
SelectaFlux Retrofit Control Module Features:
- Compatible with ALL fluxes
- Requires only a trigger signal to operate
- Controlled-velocity spray will not harm or disturb components
- Wide range of delivery rates from 1 – 250 microliters/second
- Also ideal for tinning and odd-shaped components
- Spray pattern adjustable from 0.070 – 1.50 inches
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle – no clogging
- No overspray means no waste
Complete SelectaFlux OEM System Includes:
- Control Module
- Broadband generator
- Electrical inputs and outputs
- Digital display for nozzle power and liquid delivery pressure
- Panel-mounted nozzle power
- Flow rate and air pressure adjustments
- Air shroud pressure control
Optional: SelectaFlux Dual Retrofit control module is available to control 2 nozzles from one control box.
The SelectaFlux Retrofit selective fluxing system is a complete, ready-to-integrate selective fluxing system. It combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a controlled, highly focused beam of spray. A separate control module handles input/output system functions.
Compressed air, typically at 1 psi, is introduced into the diffusion chamber of the air shroud,which produces a uniformly distributed flow of air around the nozzle stem.
The ultrasonically produced spray at the tip of the stem is immediately entrained in the air stream.
The spray envelope is bow-shaped. The width of the bow is controlled by adjusting the distance between the nozzle tip and substrate. The distance between nozzle and substrate can be varied from near-contact to approximately two inches.