Ultrasonic Selective Fluxing System
Sono-Tek’s SelectaFlux Inline ultrasonic selective spray fluxing system is a standalone PCB selective fluxing system incorporating our precision SelectaFlux ultrasonic nozzle. The system is fully programmable, SMEMA conveyor optional with pallet sensing capability and board stops for production volume printed circuit board manufacturing.
This programmable three-axis small footprint platform brings quality, consistency, and reliability to your flux coating process while improving transfer efficiencies (up to 99%). Coverage areas are limited to a desired pre-programmed region. This eliminates the masking, demasking, and rework evident in most other application methods.The SelectaFlux In-line system can be configured for a conveyorized process or outfitted with an adjustable fixture for a manually fed batch application.
SelectaFlux Inline System Benefits:
- Reduced wasteful overspray and atmospheric contamination
- Minimal servicing and downtime
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- Controlled velocity delivery will not harm or disturb components
- Compatible with ALL fluxes
- Small footprint platform minimizes floor space required
SelectaFlux Inline System Features:
- Windows®-based programming software
- Offline programming capabilities
- Front panel LCD screen with function keys
- 500 mm x 500 mm x 100 mm (19.69” x19.69” x 3.94”) range of motion
- Three axes of continuous motion (programmable three-axis coordinated motion) via stepper motor drive
- Non volatile memory for storage of up to 30 programs
- Can be configured for spray up or spray down applications
- Spray pattern adjustable from 2 mm – 38 mm (0.080” – 1.50”)
- Wide range of delivery rates from .02 ml/min and up
- Also ideal for tinning and odd-shaped components
The SelectaFlux In-line fluxing system is a complete, ready to operate selective fluxing system. It combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused beam of spray. A separate control module handles input/output system functions.
Compressed air, typically at 1 psi, is introduced into the diffusion chamber of the air shroud,which produces a uniformly distributed flow of air around the nozzle stem.
The ultrasonically produced spray at the tip of the stem is immediately entrained in the air stream.An adjustable focusing mechanism on the air shroud allows complete control of spray width.
The spray envelope is bow-shaped. The width of the bow is controlled by moving the focus-adjust mechanism in and out. The distance between nozzle and substrate can be varied from near-contact to approximately two inches.