SPT200 Ultrasonic Spray System for Photoresist and Protective Coatings onto Wafers, including High Aspect Ratio Features
A fully enclosed standalone ultrasonic photoresist coating system for precision semiconductor manufacturing such as MEMS and deep well topographies, SPT200 is a full coating solution designed for 100, 150, 200, and 300mm semiconductor wafer processing.
SPT200 is typically configured with Vortex or AccuMist spray shaping nozzles, depending upon coating requirements. Sono-Tek’s team of application engineers ensures the correct configuration for your process.
At the heart of the SPT200 photoresist coating system is Sono-Tek’s patented ultrasonic nozzle technology. All ultrasonic nozzles feature up to 95% reduction in material consumption, non-clogging performance, and precise, targeted spray patterns at ultra low flow rates. For more information regarding the AccuMist nozzle, go to http://www.sono-tek.com/accumist/. For more information regarding the Vortex nozzle, go to http://www.sono-tek.com/vortex/
Ultrasonic spray has been used for photoresist coating applications in the semiconductor industry for many years. This deposition method offers significant advantages over spin coating methods, especially when coating high aspect ratio MEMS wafers. Go to http://www.sono-tek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Photoresist_Spray_Using_Ultrasonics.pdf to read a technical article describing photoresist film coverage improvement using ultrasonic spray technology.
Designed for photoresist spray processes where high precision is required, such as deep well topographies and small scale MEMS. The SPT200 photoresist coating system features:
- Automated spray coating with recipe storage
- Designed for 100, 150, 200, and 300mm wafers
- Precision temperature control
- Integrated wafer lockdown
- Highly repeatable syringe pump with auto refill
- Manual wafer load/unload
- Highly repeatable, stable process
Ultrasonic spray offers significant advantages over spin coating or other photoresist deposition methods:
- Highly uniform thin film coverage, even on difficult to coat high aspect ratio trenches.
- Low velocity spray with reliable, consistent results.
- Controllable drop size depending on nozzle frequency. Fully automated programmable XYZ motion system.
- Full process control with user friendly Windows®-based software.