Food Packaging Film Barrier Coating System
Ultrasonic nozzle systems for spraying antimicrobial barrier materials onto packaging thin films. Biodegradable packaging barrier coating provide increased product protection and food safety while extending shelf life using biodegradable packaging materials. Ultrasonic coating systems offer significant savings of expensive antimicrobial solutions and barrier coating materials.
Sono-Tek Ultrasonic Nozzle Advantages:
- Reduced material consumption by up to 80%
- Narrow drop size distribution increases coating uniformity
- Improved plant safety and environmental benefits
- Reduced overspray and minimal bounceback
- Ultrasonic nozzles do not clog
- Ultrasonic vibrations break apart agglomerated suspensions
Ideal for applying nano/micro barrier coatings onto PLA (Poly Lactic Acid) film webs for enhanced functional characteristics. Ultra-thin layers of clay nanoparticles are deposited onto continuous reel-to-reel compostable films for food packaging, enhancing barrier properties against oxygen, moisture and carbon dioxide. The system includes full PLC control with HMI interface and integrated pumping system.
Features and Benefits:
- Aqueous or biodegradable polymer-based specialty coating solutions readily adhere to film surfaces
- Application can be customized within current film manufacturing lines
- Longer product shelf life – improved uniform coating guarantees uniform deposition and full coverage of barrier material
- Improved product quality – superior environmental packaging practices and enhanced product freshness using biodegradable barrier materials
- Cost of Goods savings – minimized waste results in over 50% Cost of Goods savings in the use of expensive biodegradable nanomaterials