MicroMist Air Shaping System
The MicroMist system combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low- pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused beam of small micron sized droplets. MicroMist is ideal for spraying very small areas with targeted, uniform thin film nanocoatings at ultra-low flow rates.
- Implantable medical device coatings
- Balloon Catheters
- Highly precise electronics components
- Diagnostic leads and sensors
MicroMist Ultrasonic Nozzle Benefits:
- Liquids are delivered through an external hypotube to the nozzle’s atomizing surface
- A low-pressure air stream through the nozzle’s central orifice entrains the spray and produces very tight, precise spray pattern
- Spray widths as low as 0.015″ (0.4 mm) are possible
- Soft, low-velocity atomized spray can be targeted with unmatched precision
- Minimal overspray (minimal waste)
- Ultra-low flow rates over a wide range (from 0.3 – 9 ml/hour)
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
Multiple Hypotubes/Cleaning Probe
Multiple hypotube probes can be installed for use in applications requiring the delivery of more than one liquid. A cleaning probe option is also available.
The MicroMist system combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low- pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused beam of small spray drops.
The small size of the nozzle tip and air orifice of the MicroMist produces a very fine, focused beam. An isolated hypotube delivers liquid to the nozzle tip while compressed air, delivered through the nozzle orifice at a fixed low pressure, shapes the atomized droplets into a very precise, targeted spray.