MicroMist Nozzle for Stent Coating
The MicroMist ultrasonic stent system for coating drug eluting stents with anti-restinosis polymers combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused beam of micron size drops for uniform thin film polymer coatings. MicroMist nozzles are capable of coating even the most complex strut geometries without webbing of the polymer coating.
Applications include but are not limited to:
- Cardiac Stents
- Arterial Stents
- Peripheral Stents
- Sinus Stents
- Metal & bioabsorbable polymer stents
- Anti-restenosis drugs and polymers
MicroMist Ultrasonic Nozzle benefits:
- Industry proven success in producing high quality stent coatings
- Polymer solutions are delivered through an external hypotube to the nozzle’s atomizing surface
- A low-pressure air stream through the nozzle’s central orifice entrains the spray and produces a very tight, precise spray pattern
- Soft, low-velocity atomized spray can be targeted with unmatched precision
- Small ultrasonically generated drops provide excellent penetration and inhibit webbing
- Minimal overspray (minimal waste)
- Wide range of delivery rates from 0.3 – 9 ml/hour
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- All system components are compatible with the typical
solvents and polymers used in stent coating
(For example: solvents THF, acetone,DMAC, toluene, chloroform;
polymers: urethanes, polycarbonates, silicones, styrenes)
The MicroMist Stent system combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused beam of small spray drops.
The small size of the nozzle tip and air orifice of the MicroMist produces a very fine, focused beam. An isolated hypotube delivers liquid to the nozzle tip while compressed air, delivered through the nozzle orifice at a fixed low pressure, shapes the atomized droplets into a very precise, targeted spray.