MediCoat PSI Peripheral Ultrasonic Stent Coating Machine
The MediCoat™ PSI is an advanced adaptation of our proven MediCoat DES benchtop stent coating system. It uses the same established method for coating peripheral arterial stents that is commonly used in coating cardiac stents. For manufacturers looking to implement the practice of coating peripheral arterial stents with polymer drug compounds, this new advanced area of stent coating has shown great promise in the industry.
MediCoat PSI System benefits:
- Small ultrasonically generated drops provide excellent penetration and inhibit webbing
- Fully integrated continuous flow polymer delivery system provides the highest degree of accuracy
- Integrated control of the nozzle, liquid delivery, and stent motion
- Large viewing windows in front and on top of coating chamber
- Easy access side door and illuminated sealed spray chamber
- User-friendly stent loading rods
- Minimal overspray (minimal waste)
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- Capable of delivering multiple polymers (layering)
- All system components are compatible with the typical solvents and polymers used in stent coating
(For example: solvents THF, acetone,DMAC, toluene, chloroform;
polymers: urethanes, polycarbonates, silicones, styrenes)
The MediCoat™ PSI Benchtop Stent Coating system combines Sono-Tek’s unique microspray atomizing nozzle with low pressure gas to produce a soft, highly focused beam of atomized spray drops. Compressed gas, typically at 1 psi, is introduced into the diffusion chamber of the air shroud, producing a uniformly distributed flow of air around the nozzle’s atomizing surface.
The ultrasonically produced spray created is immediately entrained in the air stream. An adjustable focusing mechanism on the air shroud allows complete control of the spray width.
The customer has the option of attaching a custom stent holding device onto the rotating mandrels. The stents are loaded onto the mandrels and the cassette is inserted into the load chamber. The extend/retract shaft picks up each stent from the cassette and delivers it to the process chamber for spraying. Stents are rotated at a fixed speed, controlled by the user. The stent moves horizontally side-to-side beneath the target area. The number of horizontal passes made are programmable.
A low-velocity exhaust maintains a negative air pressure to assure that any unwanted mist beyond the target area is removed.
The system’s unique design allows for safe and convenient access to the stent load and unload area. Large, unobstructed viewing windows and high-intensity internal LED lighting allow for easy observation.
With integrated controls for triggering the ultrasonic atomization, liquid delivery and stent movement, the MediCoat™ PSI Stent Coating System provides a complete solution for developing a stent coating process and moderate volume production.