Ultrasonic Antimicrobial Coating Systems for Bandages & Infection Protection
Sono-Tek’s ultrasonic medical coating systems have been used to apply a wide variety of antimicrobial or other coatings to topical wound care and dressings as well as implantable wound dressings, hemostatic patches, and soft tissue repair devices. Coatings such as blood clotting agents, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antibiotic, and other pharmaceuticals are applied to topical and implantable dressings and devices to aid in minimizing rejection, inflammation, and infection, promote biocompatibility and rapid healing, provide pain relief, or improve adhesion to treatment site.
Other Medical Coating Materials Applied Using Ultrasonic Systems Include:
- Colloidal silver
- Titanium Dioxide
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Antibacterial Eptides and Enzymes (Lysostaphin)
- NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Naproxen)
Sono-Tek has a wide range of coating equipment to suit any medical device manufacturers needs, and our coating systems are complete solutions that are often customized for particular medical coating applications. Our Impact and WideTrack nozzle systems are used for efficiently coating wide area continuous webs, and can spray up or down to provide full coverage of both sides of the material without flipping. These spray heads can cover from 2-24” with a single nozzle, and up to unlimited widths when multiple nozzles are mounted inline. The highly controllable thin lines of our MicroMist and AccuMist nozzles, along with the ExactaCoat and FlexiCoat Programmable XYZ motion systems are perfect for precision application of pharmaceutical and antimicrobial coatings onto selective areas.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Spray Systems for Antimicrobial coatings onto Medical Textiles & Bandages:
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- Compatible with solutions, suspensions, oleic-, solvent-, and water-based formulations
- Fine-tuned spray process allows for uniform distribution and precise dosing for effective drug delivery and treatment
- Flexible width control for various width products
- Low velocity spray is easily controlled, minimizing overspray and excess material usage.
- Can be configured for one side or dual side application with spray up or spray down capability
- Wide range of flow rate capabilities