Impact EDGE Air Shaping System
Controllable ultrasonic atomized spray for uniform coatings – the Impact EDGE System offers significant advantages over conventional pressure spray methods in a broad range of applications. Whether you are coating moving webs of non-woven fabrics, float glass, or odd shaped industrial or consumer products, the Impact EDGE system maintains precise control of the coating at the flow rate you specify. Waste is greatly reduced, since the ultrasonic spray can be easily controlled with the high-velocity Impact air jet. Maintenance is kept to a minimum because ultrasonic nozzles will not clog. In addition, the atomizing system is constructed of titanium and stainless steel, making it compatible with most liquids. The air shaping system is composed of highly engineered plastics designed to complement this compatibility. The Impact EDGE air jet assembly can be configured with any of Sono-Tek’s various ultrasonic nozzles (frequencies from 25 – 120 kHz*), allowing complete control of drop size for specific applications.
Impact EDGE Benefits:
- Non-clogging ultrasonic nozzle
- Capable of spraying high-velocity moving webs
- Wide range of flow rate capabilities, intermittent or continuous
- Covers up to 6” (15 cm) with one nozzle or use multiple nozzles to cover any width substrate
- Uniform coating with high transfer efficiency
- High-velocity spray is easily controlled resulting in minimal bounceback and overspray
- No moving parts
- Reduced material consumption
Operating Principle: The Impact EDGE System combines Sono-Tek’s unique ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with a controlled jet of air from the flat jet air deflector. The ultrasonically produced spray at the atomizing surface is immediately entrained in the air stream, creating a fan-shaped spray pattern. The velocity of the air stream is controllable, allowing low or high-impact of the atomized spray onto the product or substrate.