Accumist Nozzle for Guide Wire Coating
Guide wires are often coated with hydrophilic or antomicrobial solutions using ultrasonic nozzles. Solutions such as PTFE are commonly applied using AccuMist ultrasonic nozzle technology for uniform thin film coverage of guide wires, using much less material than dipping methods. Hydrophilic coatings applied with ultrasonic technology enhance the quality and functionality of catheters and guide wires with uniform coverage of all surfaces and very little overspray.
AccuMist for guidewire coating benefits include:
- Sono-Tek ultrasonic nozzles have industry proven success in producing high quality thin film coatings
- Small ultrasonically generated drops produce excellent uniform coverage without excess material
- Soft, low-velocity atomized spray can be targeted with unmatched precision
- Minimal overspray (minimal waste)
- Wide range of delivery rates from 1-100 ml/hour
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- All system components are compatible with the typical solvents and polymers used in coating medical guide wires
*Guidewire Coating systems incorporate Sono-tek’s Accumist air shaping technology.