Ultrasonic Rod Coating System
FlexiCoat FC-R is a programmable automated coating system for SOFC interconnections of rods, buttons, and/or stack materials. Low velocity atomized spray ensures that electrolyte materials and conductive oxides readily adhere to SOFC rods with maximum transfer efficiency and uniform thin films. Ultrasonic nozzle systems can significantly reduce solid oxide fuel cell rod manufacturing costs with superior process controls. FlexiCoat FC-R accommodates rods up to 1 m in length and various diameters.
The FlexiCoat FC-R system is suitable for a full spectrum of fuel cell coating processes. It is ideal for applying uniform ultrasonic coatings of ceramic slurries or metal oxide suspensions such as Nickel Oxide onto Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) rods, buttons, or stack materials. Low velocity atomized spray ensures that electrolyte materials readily adhere to rods with minimal overspray. Process variables including flow rate, rotation speed and X-Y axis motion are controlled via Windows®-based software.
The FlexiCoat fuel cell rod manufacturing System features:
- Secure spring loaded attachment accommodates rods up to 1 m in length
- Coating area is customized to substrate size, with a maximum 1 m x 400 mm (39 x 15.7”) spray area
- Programmable X and Y axes motion and speed of rotation (manual Z adjust)
- Large spray chamber has multiple coating areas, incorporating the flexibility to coat flat substrates at the rear of the chamber
- Dual nozzle configuration allows layering of different chemistries