PicoMist Ultrasonic Spray Nozzle
Sono-Tek’s PicoMist nozzle is perfectly suited for spraying fine lines of material in repeatable, controllable spray processes. The ultra thin, uniform lines achieved with the PicoMist nozzle are used to spray Clearweld in laser welding processes, microfluidic device channels, sensors, and any other application requiring extremely thin lines of material.
Ultrasonic spray nozzle systems offer unique benefits over traditional printing or other spray deposition methods:
- Non-clogging, repeatable performance
- Soft, low velocity mist of controlled, atomized spray with very little overspray
- Very defined lines as thin as 0.5mm
- Low maintenance system – ultrasonic nozzles have no moving parts, so no difficult adjustments of spray heads
- Full turn-key spray solutions with customizable options are tailored for the unique needs of each spray application.
Sono-Tek’s ExactaCoat and FlexiCoat systems are robust programmable XYZ motion coating systems designed for R&D through moderate volume production coatings. Any Sono-Tek nozzle can be fully integrated. Sono-Tek’s application engineers ensure that systems are specified according to the unique needs of each coating application.
Some of the customizations that can be made to the ExactaCoat and FlexiCoat systems include:
- Substrate holders
- Dual nozzle configuration
- Nozzle tilt and rotate
- Conveyor (FlexiCoat)
- Vacuum and or heat plate
- Passive vision camera with crosshair and video capture