ExactaCoat Ultrasonic Coating System
The ExactaCoat laboratory research coating machine is a fully-enclosed, programmable 3-axis robot that is ideal for any precision lab scale spray coating application. This flexible, fully contained coating system employs robust ball-screw slides driven by brushless DC servo motors. Sono-Tek ultrasonic atomizing nozzles are easily integrated. Spray pattern widths can be easily shaped depending on which nozzle is used. The system has many optional features available to customize it to a particular research application, such as heat and/or vacuum plate, camera, fixture holders, multiple nozzle configurations, custom liquid delivery for nanosuspensions, and much more.
Ultrasonic nozzles are uniquely well suited to precision spray applications that are often impossible to achieve with any other spray method. To learn more about how Sono-Tek ultrasonic nozzles operate, go to http://www.sono-tek.com/how-ultrasonic-nozzles-work/.
The ability to deposit very uniform, targeted nanolayers of material at very low flow rates without clogging or overspray of expensive liquids enables extensive testing and development of small scale processes in a fully contained, safe environment. The ExactaCoat system is used in hundreds of universities and renowned research centers globally.
Sono-Tek ultrasonic nozzles feature:
- Up to 80% reduction in material consumption
- Reduced wasteful overspray and atmospheric contamination
- Non-clogging design results in minimal servicing and downtime
- Repeatable spray patterns that are easily shaped for precise coating applications
- Highly controllable spray produces reliable, consistent results with or without masking
- Corrosion-resistant titanium and stainless steel construction
- No moving parts to wear out
Ideal for R&D or low-volume production, the ExactaCoat is easily configured with Sono-Tek ultrasonic atomizing nozzles to customize spray patterns for your specific application. Patterns are easily shaped, ranging from 0.08 – 6″ wide (2 – 153 mm). Several liquid delivery options are available with a wide range of flow rate capabilities, depending upon the system configuration.
The ExactaCoat laboratory coating machine features:
- Precise substrate uniformity with repeatability down to ±2%
- Compact benchtop design with small footprint perfect for lab environments
- 400 mm x 400 mm x 100 mm (15.75″ x 15.75″ x 3.94″) range of motion
- Windows®-based programming software with image import
- Remote trackball teach pendant for simple programming
- Coordinated motion in all three axes simultaneously makes the system a highly flexible tool for a multitude of laboratory coating projects
Optional equipment for laboratory coating systems include:
- Heat plate
- Vacuum plate
- Combined heat/vacuum plate
- Ultrasonic dispersion pump
- MicroFlow recirculation pump
- Camera (Passive Vision)
Nozzles can be integrated with any of Sono=Tek’s patented air shaping technologies: