Thin Film Solar Ultrasonic Coating Systems
Carbon nanotube or graphene layers are increasingly being used in combination with insulating polymer layers to replace active layer transparent conductive oxides such as Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) and Zinc Oxide (ZnO) in flexible thin film solar modules. Resulting high efficiencies and optimal electrical transport properties make CNTs desirable. Sono-Tek has expertise in spray deposition of carbon nanotubes and graphene coatings, as well as silver nanowires. Ultrasonic nozzle technology is proven for providing uniform dispersion of nanotubes in suspension. The ultrasonic vibration of the nozzle continuously disperses agglomerated particles, creating controllable, highly functional thin film coatings layer by layer.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Spray for Carbon Nanotube Coatings:
- Even dispersion of particles which have a natural tendency to agglomerate
- Choice of droplet size, depending on nozzle frequency
- Cost effective spray equipment with full lab R&D and production systems
- Soft, pressure-less ultrasonic spray will not damage delicate structures
- Proven process spraying carbon nanotube suspensions
- Precision, cost effective full coating solutions
- Non-clogging repeatable precision spray
- Capable of very low flow rates
Sono-Tek provides full coating solutions with integrated ultrasonic nozzle technology and precision liquid delivery.
Sono-Tek ultrasonic nozzles are used to spray the following chemistries, among others: