Silicon Solar Anti-reflection Coating Systems
Anti-reflection coatings are applied to reduce surface reflection and maximize cell efficiency in solar glass and silicon solar cell manufacturing. Sono-Tek ultrasonic spray systems are used to apply thin film nanocoatings of anti-reflection coating chemistries of Silicon Dioxide (SiO2) and Titanium Dioxide (TiO2), and have been shown to increase cell efficiencies by 3-4%.
Anti-reflection coatings help reduce the reflection of desirable wavelengths from the cell, allowing more light to reach the semiconductor film layer, increasing solar cell efficiency.
Uniform layers of TiO2 and SiO2 are applied using WideTrack stationary ultrasonic spray systems. All Sono-Tek ultrasonic spray systems are designed to easily integrate with existing manufacturing lines.
Ultrasonic spray systems have numerous advantages over pressure spray methods for applying anti-reflection coatings:
- Up to 80% reduction in material consumption
- Superior uniformity
- Ability to create thin nanolayers of material
- Very high transfer efficiencies of 90+%
- Reduced wasteful overspray and atmospheric contamination
- Minimal servicing and downtime
- Spray patterns that are easily shaped for precise coating applications
- Highly controllable spray that produces reliable, consistent results
- Non-clogging ultrasonic technology
- No moving parts to wear out
- Ultra-low flow rate capabilities, intermittent or continuous