AccuMist Air Shaping System
From precision medical device coatings to targeted thin films for R&D applications in solar cell manufacturing and fuel cell catalyst coating, AccuMist offers numerous industry benefits with proven success in providing high quality functional coatings.
AccuMist Air Shaping System:
- Industry proven success in producing high quality coatings
- Soft, low-velocity atomized spray can be targeted with unmatched precision
- Spray pattern adjustable from 0.070 – 1.0 inches (1.78 – 25 mm)
- Small ultrasonically generated drops provide excellent coverage
- Minimal overspray (minimal waste)
- Wide range of delivery rates from 1-100 ml/hour
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- Adapts easily to robotic control
The AccuMist atomizing nozzle system combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused fine mist spray of small drops.
Compressed air, typically at 1 psi, is introduced into the diffusion chamber of the air shroud, which produces a uniformly distributed flow of air around the nozzle stem.
The ultrasonically produced spray at the tip of the stem is immediately entrained in the low pressure air stream. An adjustable focusing mechanism on the air shroud allows complete control of spray width.