AccuMist Nozzle for Stent Coating
The AccuMist Stent system for coating drug eluting stents and other implantable medical devices combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a soft, focused, fine mist spray of micron size drops for highly uniform thin film polymer coatings onto stents, with excellent penetration of complex geometries and full coverage of all strut surfaces. Ultrasonic nozzles provide more uniform, controllable and repeatable polymer coatings than pressure nozzles are capable of, with less overspray and up to 80% reduction in coating material.
AccuMist Ultrasonic Nozzle benefits:
- Industry proven success in producing high quality coatings
- Soft, low-velocity atomized spray can be targeted with unmatched precision
- Small ultrasonically generated drops provide excellent penetration
- Minimal overspray (minimal waste)
- Wide range of delivery rates from 1-100 ml/hour
- Self-cleaning ultrasonic nozzle prevents clogging
- Ability to adjust coating morphology
- Choice of drop size, depending on nozzle frequency
- Uniform micron size droplets
- All system components are compatible with the typical solvents and
polymers used in stent coating
Sono-Tek Corporation is the world’s leader in stent coating technology. Our 30 years of technical expertise in ultrasonic spray technology has put us on the leading edge of precision medical device coating. With a commitment to providing leading-edge coating equipment, we offer the most advanced stent coating systems on the market. We have extensive expertise in coating coronary, arterial, peripheral, sinus stents, including metal and bioabsorbable polymer stents with anti-restenosis drugs and polymers.
The AccuMist Stent system combines Sono-Tek’s unique Microspray ultrasonic atomizing nozzle with low-pressure air to produce a soft, highly focused fine mist of small droplets.
Compressed air, typically at 1 psi, is introduced into the diffusion chamber of the air shroud, which produces a uniformly distributed flow of air around the nozzle stem.
The ultrasonically produced spray at the tip of the stem is immediately entrained in the low pressure air stream. An adjustable focusing mechanism on the air shroud allows complete control of spray width.
The spray envelope is bow-shaped. Spray shape is controlled by adjusting the distance from the nozzle to the substrate.